TALKS & EVENTS:
All Friends events have been cancelled and our Programme of Talks plus the extended tour of Derbyshire will be rescheduled in 2021. Details will follow in due course.
MESSAGE FROM BRAINTREE DISTRICT MUSEUM TRUST (17Mar2020):
Dear Friends, Supporters and Volunteers,
Braintree District Museum Trust, following advice from the Government regarding Coronavirus (Covid 19) is to implement the following:
- Close Braintree Museum and the Warner Textile Archive from Thursday 19th March 2020 until further notice.
- Suspend all volunteering from Thursday 19th March 2020 until further notice.
- Postpone the opening of the Warner Gallery at Braintree Museum on the 31st March 2020 and request a VIP opening in the future.
- Cancel the Braintree Textile Fair 2020.
- Postpone the Braintree Big Print 2020.
- Postpone the next Museum exhibition Magical Dolls
- Provide an enhanced digital and social media service from Braintree Museum and the Warner Textile Archive.
- Suspend Archive and Museum research visits in person.
- Staff will continue health and hygiene advice from the government including enhanced cleaning at both sites but will remain at work, subject to self-isolation and the latest government advice.
- All hire of the Museum Old School Hall has been suspended by Hirers for varied lengths of time with immediate effect.
- School bookings are being postponed by Schools.
- All Group visits are being postponed by the Groups.
- The Café is now closed.
- The Space Faction and Fiction exhibition will be rescheduled for Summer 2021.
- The Courtauld Exhibition will be extended.
- Staff and Trustees will be focused on business and financial continuity for the Trust.
Trustees and Staff really appreciate all your support in this unprecedented peacetime situation and understand the speed and magnitude of change may appear overwhelming. We will be keeping regularly in contact by e-mail, online, social media and telephone with further developments. Thank you for your recent personal encouragement and understanding to staff. Similarly if you have any concerns or need any support throughout the coming months please do get in touch with us as we are all here to help.
Sheila Charrington, Chairman
Robert Rose, Museums Manager