Object of Interest

 

 

Railway lamp from Earls Colne station

This shows a type M railway lamp from Earls Colne station made by the Lamp Manufacturing and Railway Supplies Co.of London and marked Welch Patent. It also bears the LNER logo and was therefore made after the Grouping of the railways. The line was originally the Colne Valley and Halstead Railway and the station (originally called Ford Gate in 1882 and then Colne in 1889) was finally closed in January 1962.